Monday 8 September 2008

I Haven't Been Airlifted in a Harness Yet...

Mamma mia, I'm still here! I'm actually a little surprised to still be here... After starting this blog so optimistically (much like a diet, huh?), a number of calamities befell me, namely the loss of my job. In many ways, this was not a great loss seeing as my boss was as dim-witted as she was pig-headed and my new supervisor quickly became her favourite pet (New Supervisor also talked incessantly about her pet rabbit and made me want to vomit a little every time she opened her mouth, but any hoo...) I didn't think this was a big problem at the time, but now it's five months later and there's still no new job in sight. It's making life a little difficult, especially as my husband is in the same situation. Thank god we live in the UK. If we were in any other country in the world we would almost certainly be stinking up a gutter by now.

I wandered idly across my blog today, deciding that I had failed to post in so long I should probably delete the damn thing... and found two comments winking at me! My goodness (I thought to myself), someone has actually been here! I then searched further and found that not one, but two kind souls had tagged themselves as a fan on Blog Catalog. The blog's also been rated as 4/5! Thus, I decided to resume my rantings. Because everyone likes to rant :)

For my next post, expect witty banter on the tribulations of sticking to a diet when you no longer have a job-routine (boo hiss!)